Update - From now until 3/14/22, Chase is offering 1 full year of companion pass + 30K miles for opening any southwest personal cards. Great deal if you just want to try it for a year. Opening two business cards is still the better option though if you want 2 years of companion pass and can handle the extra spend - DoC | referral
After 8 years and $25K+ of free flights, some thoughts and tips on securing companion pass for 2022/23.
- 1:14 - 8 years of churns...
- 4:36 - 125K points = $3,500
- 8:40 - Workaround for Amex travel credit
- 10:41 - Business cards for 2022/23
- 12:09 - Pair with $750 Chase Bus Checking offer
- 13:52 - Chase's 1/30 rule
- 16:27 - Chase's 24-month cooldown
- 17:42 - Rotate P1-P2 every 2 years
- 18:34 - Best time to apply (Nov/Dec)
- 21:27 - Safest time to meet spend (Jan)
- 23:45 - Don't count on Jan flights